Sunday, May 9, 2010

Two Queens And An Old Lion From Africa

Bird of paradise flower or Crane flower or STRELITZIA REGINA
I just call them queens of Africa.


The Strelitzia is a striking flower, somewhat bird-like in shape consisting of long green bracts with purple edges that surround orange flowers with bright-blue tongues.
They are evergreen and indigenous with tight clusters of fleshy stems bearing long, oblong, grey - green leaves. 
They are Queens.



Broken Open.....
..


And the old lion in the bush.
Queens that can turn into old lions.
A life cycle.

1 comment:

  1. Good evening Isabella,
    Large thank you for your comment on my site of Congo, that makes me pleasure, that is true that I am nice, laughter, I wish you a good night, Roland

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails