Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mali - In The Village


From time to time I like to infiltrate this blog with some photos that I have taken during my seven year stay in Mali in West-Africa. Simply because they are so beautiful.  All the pictures, me and my brother have taken during that time, are on film and they have that depth and deepness of colors you don't get so easily with a digital camera.


It is now after a couple of years that I find the time to process the material that me and my brother have accumulated during this amazing and enriching time. While I have worked as a project coordinator for a holistic village development programm in the North of Mali that reached out to over 60 villages, my brother did research on labor migration in West-Africa for two years and wrote his final thesis on this topic. There are some beautiful stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails